To experience full API and web hook support when using Maxwell's API integration with BambooHR, the API key you use from BambooHR should be set up with the necessary permissions. You should also make sure that the API key you use is not tied to an individual BambooHR user.
You can review your BambooHR integration settings in Maxwell at any time to ensure they are correct.
If you need to update the API Key or any of your BambooHR integration settings in Maxwell you can take the following steps:
- Create a new BambooHR API key inside of BambooHR (if applicable)
- Pause the BambooHR integration sync inside of your Maxwell integration settings
- Enter the new API key or BambooHR Subdomain into Maxwell
- Preview your data sync setting changes and resume sync
Note: If you are not currently using the BambooHR API integration, adding and setting up the BambooHR API integration is self-service and can be completed at any time. As long as you are already a BambooHR customer, you’re ready to get started. >>Read more about the integration here.
Create a new BambooHR API key inside of BambooHR
If the BambooHR credentials you initially entered into Maxwell and use for this integration no longer have the necessary permissions you may need to create a new API key in BambooHR that is not tied to an individual BambooHR user and then update your settings in Maxwell.
- You can find detailed instructions on creating an API key here in BambooHR’s Help Center.
- When you set up your custom access level, be sure it provides access to the connected fields; otherwise, the integration won’t work and you will receive error messages.
Pause the BambooHR integration in Maxwell
If you need to update your API Key or BambooHR Subdomain, you can choose to pause the sync to review your settings and make adjustments. Log into Maxwell and click Settings > EDI and Integrations > Current Integrations on the navigation. Then select the BambooHR API Integration.
- From your Sync Configuration Details page, select the Pause sync and Make Changes button.
- This will bring you to your Sync settings page. Scroll down to the bottom of the Sync settings page.
- Select Edit Connection to review or adjust your BambooHR API Key or BambooHR Subdomain information.
Enter the new API key into Maxwell
If your integration is paused, you can review or edit any of your integration settings, including the API key and your BambooHR Subdomain information.
- After you have confirmed that the BambooHR API key is not user-specific and has the correct permissions, you can enter the new API key and your BambooHR Subdomain into the Maxwell integration settings.
- Select Reconnect to update your details.
Preview your data sync setting changes and resume sync
Before you resume the sync with your BambooHR API integration, you can review or adjust your sync settings. You will be required to generate a new preview report to confirm any changes that may happen to data before saving and resuming your sync.
- Use the Generate Preview to review how information will update in Maxwell based on the sync settings you applied. This will give you an opportunity to confirm that your settings are correct before you reactivate the integration.
- When you have reviewed and approved your sync settings, click Save and Resume Sync.