Here are some best practices to prepare for a successful annual Open Enrollment (OE) in Maxwell. We’ll review two major steps in this article.
Let's jump right in!
Well before the plan effective dates, your Advisor will talk with you about what Open Enrollment (OE) looks like for your company this year. This will include:
- The benefits package your company is offering this year
- Whether your OE is passive, active, or a mix of both
- When your OE period will be (the period of time your employees can enroll in their benefits)
Your Advisor will provide Maxwell with all the necessary details and plan documents.
A few weeks before your OE begins, you’ll want to start creating awareness with your employees. This is a good time to tell them details about what you’ll be offering, and any changes from last year, so they can ask you any questions and consult with their family members before the OE period even begins.
Now’s also a good time to introduce or re-familiarize your employees with Maxwell.
We have some great resources for employees, including:
- Quick video introduction to Maxwell (great to show during an OE meeting)
- Maxwell Health Shopping Guide - PDF
- And our Employee Help Center is always there, in case they need it