Reports will help you get your employee data out of Maxwell. In this article, we’ll review:
To get started, head to Tools > Reports > Library in your Admin portal.
The Reports Library lists the reports you can run (see a list of commonly used reports).
The Vertical and Horizontal coverage and pending election reports have basically the same information, but are formatted differently. The Vertical report has each product on a separate row (so there will likely be multiple rows for one employee). The Horizontal report has only one row for each employee with each product in columns.
Other than the format, the biggest difference between the Horizontal and Vertical reports is that the Vertical report includes dependent demographic information such as DOB, address, etc. The Horizontal report does not include this information as it would be overwhelming to list across in columns.
In the Reports Library, click View on the report you’re looking to download.
On the report view, you can prepare the report by filtering the information to get only what you need on the report. This is completely optional. The filters will default to the most common use case, but you can edit them and download the report. You can also select the columns you'd like to view on the report before you download.
General tip on reports including waived products
Here’s what to expect if you include waived products on your report:
- If the employee waives the product category (example: by clicking I Don’t Want Medical Insurance), then all of the products that were in that category will display on the report as waived.
- If the employee enrolls in one product (ex: the medical HMO) and ignores the other products within the same category (ex: the medical PPO), the medical HMO will display on the report, but the medical PPO will not display the report.
- If the employee enrolls in one product (ex: the medical HMO) and actively waives another within the same category (ex: the medical PPO), the report will display both the medical HMO as enrolled and the medical PPO as waived. If you run a report with just waived products, you may want to cross-reference it with an enrolled report to make sure you are getting the full picture.
Tips on using filters
For coverage and pending election reports, you can define a single date or date range for coverage dates.
Example: If you select coverage date range of 3/1/17 - 4/30/17, you’ll see all employees who are covered during that range. This includes employees with products effective 1/1/17 - 12/31/17, 2/1/17 - 12/31/17, etc.
Downloading the report in the Reports Library
- Once you’ve prepared the report filters, click Download Report.
- You can choose to save your report to “Report Downloads” so it’s available to download later. You can rename your report so you’ll recognize it in the future.
- Click Download and the report will download to your computer in seconds. The report will be in a XLSX (Excel) format.
Downloading reports in "Other Additional Reports"
If you have custom reports that the Maxwell team has created for you, you'll want to download those by clicking Other Additional Reports > View > Run Report.
You can then find all you download results, by going to View Report Results. This is where all the Maxwell legacy system reports that you've downloaded will also be housed.
Save your filter and column selections as a custom report to use again in the future. Check out the slideshow below to see how this works.
Note on Administrator permissions
- A Master Administrator can view, download, and delete all reports listed in “Report Downloads” or “Report Results.” A Standard Administrator can only view and download the the reports they’ve downloaded.
- Standard Administrators can only view employee data within the eligibility group they have access to. They will not be able to select eligibility groups they don’t have access to, and those employees won’t show up on the report.
- If salary information is restricted from a Standard Administrator, and they run a report with a salary field, that field will say “RESTRICTED.”
- Any Custom Reports created in the Reports Library are visible to both Master and Standard Administrators. Standard Administrators will still be limited by the eligibility groups and salaries that they're allowed to see when they view filters and download the Custom Report.