If you have terminated an employee in your BambooHR portal, you’ll need to process that termination in Maxwell Health.
Before you start, please confirm:
For more general information, read an overview of the BambooHR integration.
Terminate an employee
Take the following steps (or view a slideshow of the steps) to terminate an employee and their benefits coverage and render them inactive in your BambooHR and Maxwell Health systems:
- Terminate the employee from your BambooHR portal
- Within 15 minutes, the employee termination will sync to Maxwell Health
- You’ll receive a notification from Maxwell health that an employee has been terminated in BambooHR with the Termination Date from BambooHR included in the body of the notification.
- Please note that if you don’t receive a notification, you can always check the integration log for the status of the sync by going to Settings > Integrations > BambooHR under Current Integrations tab > Details > Log tab.
- Please note you can also manually sync your BambooHR integration at any time, but it’s not recommended. You can do this by going to Settings > Integrations > BambooHR under Current Integrations tab > Details, and press Sync.
- Terminate the employee benefits in Maxwell Health
- Finalize the termination workflow in Maxwell by going to the employee’s profile and selecting Options>Terminate Employee.
- Set the end date to terminate any products they are currently enrolled in.
- The employee's status will change from "Active" to "Inactive" on the Date of Termination, and they'll no longer have access to the platform.