If you have terminated an employee in your BambooHR portal, you’ll need to process that termination in Maxwell Health.
Before you start, please confirm:
- Maxwell Health has set up your BambooHR integration
- You have set up your BambooHR notifications in Maxwell
- You have set up BambooHR to be successful for the integration
For more general information, read an overview of the BambooHR integration.
Terminate an employee
Take the following steps (or view a slideshow of the steps) to terminate an employee and their benefits coverage and render them inactive in your BambooHR and Maxwell Health systems:
- Terminate the employee from your BambooHR portal
- Within 15 minutes, the employee termination will sync to Maxwell Health*
- You’ll receive a notification from Maxwell that an employee has been terminated in BambooHR with the Termination Date from BambooHR included in the body of the notification.
- Please note that if you don’t receive a notification, you can always check the integration log for the status of the sync by going to Settings > Integrations > BambooHR under Current Integrations tab > Details > Log tab.
- Please note you can also manually sync your BambooHR integration at any time, but it’s not recommended. You can do this by going to Settings > Integrations > BambooHR under Current Integrations tab > Details, and press Sync.
- Terminate the employee benefits in Maxwell Health
- Finalize the termination workflow in Maxwell by going to the employee’s profile and selecting Options>Terminate Employee.
- Set the end date to terminate any products they are currently enrolled in.
- The employee's status will change from "Active" to "Inactive" on the Date of Termination, and they'll no longer have access to the platform.
- Note: If you do not take this action for three weeks, Maxwell will terminate coverage at the end of the month in which employment was terminated for all EDI products. Otherwise, the EDI file will not be accepted by the carrier as the employee is listed as inactive. You'll receive a notice reminding you to do this before any action is taken.
*Please note that if the termination date listed in BambooHR is in the future, the termination will not sync over to Maxwell until that day