If an employee indicates in Maxwell that they've experienced a change, or if an employee's information has been changed in their BambooHR portal, such as a new address, you will need to process that change in Maxwell.
Before you start, please confirm:
For more general information, read an overview on the BambooHR integration.
Process a mid-year change in BambooHR and Maxwell Health:
- Either you or the employee will make the information change in BambooHR, or in Maxwell Health if it's related to benefits.
- If the change you need to process in Maxwell is based on updated information from BambooHR:
- Within 15 minutes you’ll receive a notification that an employee's information has been updated.
- The notification will also include the fields that have been updated by the integration, including what they changed from, and what they changed to.
- If the change you need to process is based on a change triggered in Maxwell, you will need to follow our standard change process.
- You can also manually sync your BambooHR integration at any time, but it’s not recommended. You can do this by going to Settings > Integrations > BambooHR under Current Integrations tab > Details, and press Sync.
- If you don’t receive a notification, you can always check the integration log for the status of the sync by going to Settings > Integrations > BambooHR under Current Integrations tab > Details > Log tab.
- Any updates to salary in Bamboo will carry down automatically to Maxwell. However, there is another step if any employees are enrolled in a product with rates that depend on the employee's product. For each employee, you'll re-process each salary-based product with the new effective date for the benefit amounts to update accordingly. See step-by-step instructions on how to do this here >
View a slideshow of the steps