In this article, we’ll review how you can use the employee progress dashboard to:
- View employee progress and send reminder emails to employees
- View forms progress and send reminder emails to employees
To get started, access the dashboard from the navigation in your Administrator portal:
If you're in Open Enrollment, you'll be able to toggle between the Open Enrollment and New Hire / Change Events dashboards:
You’ll see three circles that show employee progress:
- Employees Not Started: These employees haven’t logged in since the event began
- Employees in Progress: These employees have logged in, but they haven’t finished reviewing their profile and/or benefits
- Employees Completed: These employees finished reviewing their profile and/or benefits
You'll also see a dashboard indicator when there are actions you need to take as an Administrator. Indicators will appear if:
- Employees are in the Employees Completed status pending your review and/or approval of their life event
- Employees have signed forms which now appear in the Forms that Need Approval status.
These indicators will disappear once the employee event or electronic form has been reviewed and approved by an Administrator.
Please note: the Employees indicator will not display during an annual Open Enrollment.
View a list of employees in each progress status
You can click on each circle to view and sort a list of the first 10 employees in each progress status, as well as relevant information like their last login date (for Employees in Progress) and last checkout date (for Employees Completed). You can see all employees across all statuses by clicking on "View All".
Send employees a targeted reminder email
Automatic Reminder Emails
Subject:Don't forget! Your open enrollment ends in 2 days
Subject: Don't forget! Your benefits shopping period ends in 2 days
- For both employee progress dashboards, employees will be removed from the "Completed" circle of the dashboard once you end the event.
- Both employee progress dashboards do not include inactive employees. For example, if an employee is terminated during Open Enrollment, they’ll be removed from the dashboard.
- The dashboard will show employees progressing through the experience, even if you as the Administrator have taken action on their behalf. If you’d like to know whether the employee has uniquely logged in, you can reference their “Last Login Date” on their profile or clicking through the “Employees in Progress” circle. If there is no date listed there, then you know the employee themselves did not log in.
- The “New Hire/Change Events” dashboard does not include:
- Employees who are in a Correction/Administrative Change or Termination event. To see a full list of employees in these change events as well, download the Employee Change Event Report under Tools > Reports > Library.
- If you're a Standard Administrator, the enrollment progress dashboard will only show employees from eligibility groups that you have permission to view
On the employee progress dashboard for both Open Enrollment and New Hires/Change Events, you’ll also be able to see what forms need to be completed (by the HR administrator or the employee).
- Forms with Employees: These forms have been sent to employees and are waiting for their signature
- Forms that Need Approval: The HR administrator needs to take action to either approve or sign these forms
- Completed Forms: These forms have been signed or approved by all parties
For Open Enrollment, the number of forms includes only forms that have been set up to send to employees automatically as part of this OE. Any forms that were sent to the employee manually during OE will not be included here. To see all the forms that are pending, including those manually sent, head to Tools > Forms > Manage Forms.
For New Hire/Change Events, the number of forms includes all enrollment and onboarding forms that were sent to employees (either automatically or manually) outside of Open Enrollment. Once a form has been completed, it will show in the “Completed Forms” circle for 60 days.
View a list of forms
By clicking into the circle, you can view and sort a list of forms in each stage and see relevant details such as the date sent (for “Forms with Employees”), date signed by employee (for “Forms that Need Approval”), and date approved by administrator (for “Completed Forms”).
From here, you can also quickly view the individual form on the employee profile, preview the employer form, or approve/sign/or download the form (for "Forms that Need Approval" and "Completed Forms").
Send employees a targeted reminder email
From this list, you can also select employees to receive a targeted reminder email to complete the form. A prepared sample template will be loaded and ready to go for “Forms with Employees” but you can always select a different template if needed. If you select multiple forms for one employee, that employee will only receive one email reminder.
Note: For onboarding forms with “Auto-Sending” turned on, the Maxwell system automatically sends reminder emails to new hires and rehires after they finish entering their personal information. See a preview of this email here.
Thanks for reading! As always, we’d love to hear your feedback!