The ACA tool will help you meet the compliance requirements of the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) employer mandate by leveraging your employees’ existing demographic and benefits data already stored in the Maxwell Health system.
In this article, you’ll learn about the ACA-relevant data stored in your Maxwell portal, and how to download it from the Maxwell Health system. This will be most relevant if you are subject to the ACA employer mandate, which generally means you have over 50 employees. For more general information, read an overview of the ACA tool.
Before you start
To minimize the amount of contact with the sensitive employee information in the ACA Data Extract, the ACA tool requires you to be a Master Administrator in Maxwell Health. Standard Administrators do not have access.
The Maxwell Health ACA Package
The Maxwell Health ACA Package, available through the ACA tool, is a zip file containing a data extract and a PDF.
- The data extract contains all of the employer mandate-relevant information within your Maxwell portal, including:
- employer information
- employee and dependent current demographic information
- employee and dependent medical product information
- The PDF is a universal Maxwell Health document that includes:
- instructions on interpreting the data extract
- descriptions of where within the IRS forms the information from the extract is useful
- a comprehensive data dictionary allowing any reader, including those not familiar with the Maxwell Health system, to successfully interpret the data fields
- a list of data limitations
For more information, read the PDF: About the Maxwell Health ACA Data Extract and see an example data extract.
Download the Maxwell Health ACA Package
Follow these steps to download your ACA-relevant data from the Maxwell Health system.
- Click Tools > ACA.
- Scroll to the Generate ACA file section.
- Click Download ACA File.
- Download the ACA Package by clicking the zip file.
- Check your downloads. The Maxwell Health ACA Package zip file will have the data extract and corresponding PDF within it. Open and read the files.
- If you haven’t already, we recommend reading the About the Maxwell Health ACA Data Extract PDF before opening the data extract, as it will help you interpret the information provided.