Discovery Benefits, now WEX Health Inc., a WEX Company is one of Maxwell Health’s chosen providers for COBRA administration services. WEX is transforming the complexity of employee benefits administration with innovative solutions and extraordinary customer service delivered by empowered and knowledgeable employees. As a leader in benefits administration, WEX is simplifying the benefits process for clients with cutting-edge technology and trained experts dedicated to providing a superior customer experience.
Employers who use WEX as their COBRA administrator can use Maxwell’s integration to easily get COBRA-relevant information over from Maxwell to WEX.
Included in this article:
Once set up, Maxwell will automatically send two files over to WEX on a weekly basis on Mondays at 5am ET.
- The Initial Enrollee File will include all newly eligible employees (and covered dependents) who have elected (confirmed) medical, dental, vision, FSA, or HRA products. This will let WEX know to send the initial general notice to inform employees and covered dependents of their COBRA rights.
- The Qualifying Event File will include all employees and/or dependents with new COBRA qualifying events, and their associated product/demographic information. To be included on the file, the employee must be marked COBRA-eligible due to a qualifying event in Maxwell. After WEX receives the file, they’ll take care of the rest! This includes sending qualified beneficiaries election notices, managing coverage elections, and offering an online account where COBRA enrollees can access information about their coverage and make payments. Of course, WEX will also communicate all coverage information to insurance carriers, including any changes.
- Both files are changes-only and will include only new enrollees or qualifying events since the last file.
- Only medical, dental, vision, FSA, and HRA products are sent over on the file. Teladoc enrollments will not send over on the file, even if it comes bundled with medical. You will need to enter information for Teladoc in WEX manually.
- If there are any errors or discrepancies on the file, the WEX team will notify you immediately and work with you to get them resolved. The Maxwell Team will also send you a weekly discrepancy report, as they do for all integrations. Any reported file errors will then need to be keyed directly to WEX’s Employer Portal by the broker or employer. Because COBRA notifications are time-sensitive, it is always best practice to check your WEX web portal routinely to verify all initial notifications and qualifying events have been processed. It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the qualifying event and new hire information that is provided to WEX.
- For new employers on Maxwell, your Advisor will submit information (such as the WEX client code and billing information) to the Maxwell team during the employer implementation process, the Advisor will submit information to the Maxwell team. Either you or your Advisor will also be required to submit a New Client Setup Form to WEX and work with their Implementation Managers to get your WEX COBRA administration up and running. Maxwell will work with WEX to get your integration up and running.
- If you’re already a WEX COBRA administration customer through the Maxwell Marketplace, we're already working with WEX and your Advisor to set up your integration. Either Maxwell or your Advisor will be in touch with next steps!
- If you’re already a WEX COBRA administrator customer, but not through the Maxwell Marketplace, talk to your Advisor about getting this setup with Maxwell. That way, you can take advantage of the integration.
- Please note: Your Advisor will use this form to request the integration.
- Not a current WEX COBRA customer, but interested in becoming one? Great! Let your Advisor know that you’re interested, and they’ll fill you in on next steps.
All WEX pricing information is listed here.
For technical questions about the Maxwell Health + WEX COBRA integration, please contact Maxwell Customer Support at email@example.com or (866) 629-7445.
For more general questions about the Maxwell Health + WEX integration, please contact your Advisor and/or the Maxwell Health Marketplace Team at firstname.lastname@example.org . For questions regarding WEX products, please contact your WEX representative.
>> Please Note: For your clients accessing Maxwell through the Sun Life offering, the WEX COBRA offering through the Maxwell Marketplace as described above is not available to Clients situs in New York. However, if the Client already uses WEX for COBRA administration, they are able to access the COBRA integration through Maxwell Health.