Maxwell's 360° bi-directional API integration with Paylocity gives you a simple way to connect important benefits-related data in real-time. With this integration, it’s easy to manage your payroll changes while keeping your systems in sync!
In this article, we’ll cover:
About the Integration
This integration will automatically synchronize your employee’s demographic information bi-directionally between Maxwell and Paylocity, giving you the freedom to update employee information in either portal. In addition, deductions and earnings from your employees’ benefits in Maxwell will flow into Paylocity in almost real-time.
Once employees are matched between portals and the integration is live:
- Demographic information changes sync bi-directionally (both ways) between Maxwell and Paylocity. A change in one system will automatically update the other system.
- Benefit deductions and earnings changes sync one way - from Maxwell to Paylocity.
For more details on integration activity, check out this article about how the integration works.
Adding and setting up the integration is self-service and can be completed at any time. As long as you are already a Paylocity customer and have your Paylocity Company ID handy, you’re ready to get started.
Paylocity charges a one-time $350 setup fee for the integration, as well as an ongoing $10 fee per pay period. How often you pay the $10 fee is based on your company's paycheck dates. For example, if your paycheck dates are set up on a monthly basis, your company will make twelve $10 payments for the year.
Please Note: Paylocity is currently waiving the setup fee for clients that switch from an existing 180° file-sync integration with Maxwell, to the 360° bi-directional API integration with Maxwell.
Paylocity invoices employers directly for the setup and ongoing integration. If you have any billing questions, please contact your Paylocity representative to review.
Not supported by the integration
The following is not supported with the 360° API Paylocity Integration:
- The integration currently does not support auto-creating new employees in Paylocity from Maxwell. You should always add new hires into Paylocity first.
- Manual or one-time adjustments, such as prorating the employee’s contribution for a partial pay period or catching up and doubling the contributions for a missed pay period are not supported in Maxwell (and therefore the integration). Maxwell handles recurring deductions, as in the same amount for each paycheck. You’ll make these types of adjustments in the Paylocity system after the recurring deduction is synced over from Maxwell. Learn more about per pay period amounts in Maxwell >
- Setting up multiple portal connections from Maxwell to Paylocity is not supported. Only one Maxwell connection will be allowed per Company ID. If you need to connect a different portal, you must first disconnect the Company ID from the 1st portal.
Unsupported Payroll Code Configurations
There are complex payroll code overrides that we cannot support today with the Paylocity Integration. If possible, you should work with Paylocity to update your payroll codes in their system so that you can use the integration to sync benefit costs. This includes:
- Override any benefit by a custom field in Maxwell
- Override a commuter benefit with a separate payroll code for biking, parking, and transit amounts
- Override a voluntary benefit with a different payroll code for the insured individual: employee, spouse, or child
If you have a question about the API Integration functionality, setup, billing, or your sync, please contact Maxwell Customer Support at email@example.com.
If you have a question about Paylocity functionality or product offering, contact your Paylocity representative or visit their site.