Maxwell wants to help you keep your account and your employee information secure using two-step verification. Here are some details to help you manage your two-step verification settings:
- How to require two-step verification at the Employer Level
- How to reset two-step verification on an account
- FAQ on two-step verification
Maxwell Health requires two-step verification for all Advisor-level access logins and provides an option to turn on two-step verification for Admin-level and Member-level logins. You can learn more about what two-step verification is here >>
How to require two-step verification at the Employer level
Maxwell gives you the ability to enable two-step verification in the way that works best for you and your employees.
Under your Settings, select User Access to view your current two-step verification settings.
You can determine the requirements for two-step verification at the employer level based on the following options:
- Optional for all users
- If this setting is chosen, two-step verification at login will not be required for any individual user at this employer. However, any individual (Admin or employee level) can turn on two-step verification for their own Maxwell login account to add this security measure.
- Required for Admins only
- All Admins of this employer will be required to use two-step verification when logging into Maxwell.
- Employees at this employer will not be required to use two-step verification, but they can choose to enable it if they prefer.
- Required for all users
- All Admins and employees of this employer will be required to use two-step verification when logging into Maxwell.
If you turn on the requirement for two-step verification, a communication will automatically be sent to those individuals to give them a heads up about this change.
- The next time these individuals log in, they will be required to set up a second verification method.
- Any new users you set up in Maxwell that meet that requirement will also be prompted to set up two-factor verification the first time they log in.
- You can learn more about what it looks like to set up two-step verification as an employee here >>
- Maxwell Health always requires two-step verification for all Advisor-level access logins. If you are an Advisor, two-step verification will apply any time you login to a Maxwell account.
How to reset two-step verification on an account
We've provided Admins and Advisors the ability to manage two-step verification resets for other users that they have access to manage. You'll find all the details you need to reset two-step verification on an account in our Logging into Maxwell article including:
- Resetting your own two-step verification method
- Resetting two-step verification for another Admin (or Advisor)
- Resetting or turning off two-step verification for an employee
If you cannot use the above options to reset two-step verification or have additional questions, you can reach out to email@example.com.
FAQ about two-step verification
Why is two-step verification required for Advisor logins?
- Advisor access to Maxwell provides granted individuals the ability to manage information across multiple clients. Due to the fact that Advisors have access to a large amount of information for Clients, we have required two-step verification as an additional security feature when logging into access this information.
What happens if I need to reset my two-step verification?
- You are able to reset your own two-step verification method if you are logged into your account. If you have trouble logging into your own account, either another user with Master level access to your account or the Maxwell Support team can help you reset your login details. You can follow these steps to reset two-step verification here >>
Why would I want to require two-step verification for all users?
- Maxwell Health is serious about protecting your personal data and the data of your employees. We’ll continue to do all we can to help protect the information stored within Maxwell. Two-step verification is a proven method to enhance security, which is more important than ever. While two-step verification does not completely eliminate all potential threats, it makes it a lot harder for others to access your account.
- More and more online accounts have adopted two-step verification as a standard method for verifying identity in order to focus on improving the security of users and data. Two-step verification ensures that even if one of the methods has been compromised, the additional method keeps others from accessing your account. This helps minimize the risk of data theft.
Can I turn off two-step verification on my account?
- Maxwell Health requires two-step verification for all Advisor-level access logins. Two-step verification is not optional for Advisor-level access, so it cannot be turned off. If you need to reset your two-step verification as an Advisor, please review the steps to reset two-step verification here >>
- Maxwell provides employers with an option to turn on two-step verification for Admin-level and Member-level logins. Since the option to turn on two-step verification for Admin-level and Member-level logins is optional, it can be turned off based on the setting.
- If two-step verification has been set as optional for your employees, once a member has turned two-step verification on they can turn it off from the setting on their profile.