If an employee indicates in Maxwell that they've experienced a life event change, or if an employee's information has been changed in their BambooHR portal, such as a new address, you will need to also process that change event in Maxwell.
Before you start, please confirm:
- You have set up BambooHR to be successful for the integration.
- You have completed your BambooHR API Integration setup.
- You have set up your BambooHR notifications.
For more general information, read an overview of the BambooHR integration.
Process a midyear change in BambooHR and Maxwell Health:
- Either you or the employee will make the information change in BambooHR or in Maxwell Health.
- The 360 API two-way integration with BambooHR syncs demographic information so you or your employee may change it in either system.
- Note: If you choose the 180 API one-way integration setup, any employee demographic information changes should happen in BambooHR. Any changes in Maxwell will not be reflected after a BambooHR sync occurs.
- If the change you need to process in Maxwell is based on updated information from BambooHR:
- You’ll receive a Maxwell notification that an employee's information has been updated from BambooHR.
- The notification will also include the fields that have been updated by the sync.
- If you need to make any changes to the employee's dependent information, you can do that right from the employee's profile.
- If the change you need to process is based on a life event triggered in Maxwell, you'll need to follow our standard change process.
- If you don’t receive a notification, you should check your Notification settings.
- Any updates to salary in BambooHR will carry down automatically to Maxwell. You'll want to make sure that an employee's salary-based benefits updated as a result of this update. Whether or not this happens automatically is based on your settings (learn more here).