Setting up forms to send to your employees automatically will always be done under the form's "Settings." To get there from the Admin view, click Tools > Forms > Manage Forms > Settings on the drop-down menu of the individual form.
- Set up carrier forms to send automatically
- Set up onboarding forms to send automatically
- Turn "Auto-Sending" off and on
- Enroll. An employee will be sent this form if they confirm to enroll in a related product for the first time.
- If an employee checks out in the member experience but makes no changes to the previous year’s products, they will not receive a form. Example: An employee has a 2016 medical product A and has been set up to be auto-selected for 2017 medical plan A. If the employee logs in and does not make a change to medical plan A and clicks Submit Enrollment, they will not receive a form.
- Waive. An employee will be sent this form if they confirm to waive a related product. For medical products only, the form will also send if there are two or more carriers and the employee decides to enroll in one product and ignore the other.
- For example, if a Kaiser Waiver Form is set up with the waive auto-send action for the Kaiser HMO product, and the employee decides to enroll in an Aetna HMO product instead, the Kaiser Waiver Form will send to the employee.
- Add a dependent to their existing coverage. An employee will be sent a form automatically if they add a dependent to a related product they’re already enrolled in. Example: an employee gets married and adds a spouse to their coverage.
- Remove a dependent from their coverage. An employee will be sent a form automatically if they remove a dependent from a related product they’re already enrolled in. Example: an employee gets divorced and removes spouse from their coverage.
- Change coverage amount or contribution amount. An employee will be sent a form automatically if they change their coverage or contribution amount of a related product they’re already enrolled in. This includes: changes to life insurance volumes, voluntary disability benefit amounts, and mid-year changes to any financial product contributions.
- Change selection from one plan to another (ex: HMO to PPO). An employee will be sent a change form automatically if they're enrolled in a plan and switch to another plan under the same vendor. This action will only display for medical, dental, and vision forms that are change forms or an enrollment or waive form with one of the following reasons: “plan change”, “change of coverage.”
For all Evidence of Insurability (EOI) forms, there are different auto-send actions that will be defaulted, which are a bit different from the above:
- Enroll in a voluntary product in a way that requires EOI. This replaces the "Enroll" condition listed above. If an employee or their spouse has enrolled in a voluntary and has requested a coverage amount over the Guaranteed Issue (GI), the EOI form will send to the employee.
- Change coverage amount or contribution amount in a way that requires EOI. This replaces the "Change coverage amount or contribution amount" condition listed above. If an employee or their spouse changes their coverage amount on the voluntary product from at or below the GI, to above the GI, the EOI form will send to the employee.
Master Administrators have the ability to set up forms to send to new hires and rehires automatically in the new forms system. All you have to do is head to the "Settings" of your onboarding form and turn "Auto-Sending" on for new hires and/or rehires. Unlike carrier forms, this is not turned on by default, so you'll need to make sure to do this one step to get started.
Once this setting is turned on, employees either added to Maxwell as new hires for the first time, or rehired in Maxwell, will be sent the form after they log in and complete their personal information. This ensures the information they entered into Maxwell is automatically populated on the form, so they don’t have to do it twice. At the time the form is sent, employees will also be sent an email notification letting them know they have forms to sign. (This email is designed by Maxwell and cannot be customized, but you can see a copy of it here.)
They’ll find their form waiting for them in the “Forms” tab, where they’ll sign it electronically using an intuitive DocuSign interface ( learn more about the employee form signing experience here).
Note on Standard Administrators
For Standard Administrators, the auto-send conditions will be view only.
To turn "Auto-Sending" off and on, simply click the toggle. Notice you can decide to leave it on for one action, but turn it off for another.
This can come in handy for a few situations:
- Say you want an Enrollment/Waiver Form to send to an employee automatically only when an employee enrolls, and not when they waive? You can turn “auto-sending” off just for the “waive” action.
- Similarly, you may have two forms: an Enrollment/Change Form and a Change Form. You only want to use the Enrollment/Change Form for enrollments. On the Enrollment/Change Form, you can turn "auto-sending" off for the "change" action