Once your Advisor has let you know that your implementation or renewal details are completed on Maxwell, it's time to set up your Open Enrollment event in Maxwell. Either you or your Advisor will take this step.
In this article, we'll review:
NOTE: Only Master Administrators have access to the OE tool. Standard Administrators cannot see the “Set up Open Enrollment” tab, and will not see the widget on the Admin dashboard. Learn more about Admin permissions here >
To set up Open Enrollment you'll follow these steps:
- Set up your Open Enrollment details
- Set your Open Enrollment shopping dates
- Select the eligibility groups who will be included in the OE
- Select the benefits your employees should be able to shop for as part of this OE
- Review the summary to approve your OE Setup
- Confirm your OE settings are correct
- Be careful to review any employees with warnings due to overlapping system events and determine if you need to take action prior to completing the OE setup
- Preview your open enrollment shopping as a test employee
- Learn more about Take it for a Test Drive >>
- Complete OE setup (once you’re a day away from the OE Start Date)
See a walkthrough of the detailed steps below:
There are also a few steps you’ll want to take to kick off Open Enrollment on the OE Start Date!
- Complete your own Open Enrollment
- If this is your first time running annual open enrollment through Maxwell, you may want to try the shopping experience for yourself, as an employee, as soon as your OE period begins. You can do this by logging into your employee account and running through Maxwell before you send an email to your employees. You can also see what any of your employees see at any time by clicking People > Active Employees > Log in as Employee.
- Communicate Open Enrollment to Employees
- We recommend sending an email to employees on the annual OE Start Date when the products will be available for shopping. You can do this in Maxwell by taking the following steps:
- Click Email Employees from the Dashboard
- The tool will populate a distribution list of your employees who are included in the Open Enrollment event. The "Welcome & Annual Open Enrollment" template will automatically default.
- Note: You may want to switch to the "Kick Off Annual Open Enrollment" if this is a renewal or your employees have been using Maxwell.
- You can edit the template before you send to employees.
- Note: Whether you use our email templates or not, make sure you include the link to Maxwell Health, so employees know where to go to log in (https://member.maxwellhealth.com/login)!
- Read more on how to compose and send welcome emails to your employees through Maxwell.
TIP: If using our Send Communications tool for the first time, ask your IT department or Network Administrator to whitelist Maxwell's dedicated IP for email. A whitelist is a list of email addresses or domain names from which an email blocking program will allow messages to be received.