Once a new hire has been added to your BambooHR portal, you can ensure the employee is added to Maxwell Health so you can kick-off their new hire enrollment.
Before adding a new hire, please confirm:
- Maxwell Health has set up your BambooHR integration.
- You have set up your BambooHR notifications.
- You have set up BambooHR to be successful for the integration.
For more general information, read an overview of the BambooHR integration.
Add a new hire
Take the following steps (or view a slideshow of the steps) to add a new hire to BambooHR and Maxwell Health:
- Add the employee to BambooHR first
- It’s essential that the employee’s demographic information is entered to BambooHR. Any demographic information added to their Maxwell Health portal will not be reflected after a BambooHR sync occurs.
- Be sure to add a "Benefits Group"
- If your employee is on an hourly pay rate, be sure to complete the “Standard Hours Per Week” field.
- Within 15 minutes the new hire will be automatically added to Maxwell*
- Please note that if you don’t receive a notification or see the employee listed in the Maxwell Health system, you can always check the integration log for the status of the sync by going to Settings > Integrations > BambooHR under Current Integrations tab > Details > Log tab.
- Set up the employee to select benefits for their new hire enrollment
- Click Make Changes on the new hire's profile and select the life event "New Hire (BambooHR Integration Only)."
- The date the change occurred will automatically be pre-populated based on the Date of Hire entered for that employee in your BambooHR portal.
- Select the appropriate welcome email template you'd like to send
- Click Create Event to notify the employee and allow them to shop
- The waiting period, shopping dates, and the effective date will be automatically calculated based on the Date of Hire, and all products will open accordingly for the new hire to make their elections.**
*Please note that if the date of hire listed in BambooHR is in the future, the new hire will not sync over to Maxwell until that day.
**If the date of hire is over 123 days in the past, a new hire event and the associated benefits will not open, as the employee is likely just being added to the Maxwell system and is not a new hire who is eligible for benefits.
- Your employee’s dependents’ information will need to be added to Maxwell Health, even if it’s already been entered in BambooHR. Information on dependents will not sync from BambooHR to Maxwell Health.
- If you add a new employee to BambooHR whose email address matches an employee’s email address in Maxwell, the new user will not be able to be created in Maxwell. This is because email address is a unique value across Maxwell Health.
- Maxwell does not support international employees. Any international employees in BambooHR will not be added to Maxwell Health via the integration. The country field in BambooHR must state "United States." If the country field is left blank, the employee will not sync over to Maxwell Health.