Communication with employees is one of the most important areas you manage, especially as many employees are working remotely now and in the future. Maxwell wants to help you remain flexible and increase the ways you engage employees so you can continue to deliver the best experience possible.
This article includes information on:
- Employee Communication Preference Setting
- How Employees can turn on Text Message Notifications
- List of notifications that can be sent by text message from Maxwell
- View a record of sent text messages
With Maxwell’s text message preference for employees, we help you reach your employees with the technology they already use in their everyday life - in this case, their phone!
Employee communication preference setting
The communication preference setting in the employee view allows employees with a current mobile phone listed in Maxwell to receive important system notifications via text message in addition to the email communications they already receive today.
Once enabled, employees can receive targeted messages to keep them informed on important benefit updates such as enrollment reminders, confirmations from enrollment and even certain action item reminders - like if they need to complete forms in Maxwell.
How employees can turn on text message notifications
To get started, employee’s can:
- Navigate to My Profile and view their communication preferences.
- If they haven’t already, they can add their mobile phone number and select the option to receive text message notifications.
- They’ll then be prompted to verify their phone number using a confirmation code.
- Once they’ve verified their number, they’ll be all set.
Only employees who have opted in and have a valid phone number will receive text message notifications. Employees can also turn off the text message preference or opt-out of receiving text messages from Maxwell at any time.
Please note: This text message setting is in addition to employees receiving email communications from Maxwell. Employees are not able to turn off email communications in Maxwell to ensure they don’t miss important benefit communications.
What notifications can be sent by text message from Maxwell?
When enabled, this new feature allows employees to receive text messages for only the following automated, system notifications and is not customizable by Advisors or Administrators:
- Automated notification to the employee that their annual open enrollment, new hire, or life event shopping period is ending soon
- Member Password Reset
- Notification to employee that new form was sent to them by the Admin
- Notification that employee needs to authorize changes to a form
- Employee Confirmation of Benefits when an employee checks out of shopping
- Notification that employee email was changed in Maxwell
- Notification that employee password was updated in Maxwell
- Notification that employee account is temporarily locked
You can view more detail about what is included in text message communications sent from Maxwell here >>
View a record of sent text messages
The employee communication preference setting allows employees with a current mobile phone listed in Maxwell to choose to receive important system notifications via text message in addition to the email communications they already receive today.
If you would like to review which text messages have been sent from Maxwell you can view the SMS Log under the communications area.