Get ready for some exciting enhancements that will ensure high-quality data passes between your benefits management experience on Maxwell and your BambooHR human resources system in a more efficient way. Let’s dive right in.
- On-demand Session: Learn more about the BambooHR 360° API
- Maxwell’s new 360° API Integration with BambooHR
- How to upgrade from Maxwell's 180° API with BambooHR to the 360° API
On-demand Session: Learn more - BambooHR 360° API
Curious about how the new 360° API Integration with BambooHR works or what it might look like to set it up? If that sounds like you or you just have a general question about working with Maxwell or our API integrations, view this on-demand session now to learn more!
This short 30 minute session includes a previously live Q&A and reviews these new updates in Maxwell.
Streamline your workflow with Maxwell’s enhanced 360° API Integration with BambooHR
If your company uses both Maxwell Health and BambooHR, you’ve already gained efficiency in how you administer your benefits and manage your employee information. With our enhanced BambooHR 360° API integration, your team will unlock a whole new level of productivity. Having this integration means you’ll no longer need to worry about keeping your employee demographic information in sync between the two systems.
Why you’ll love the integration
Gone are the days of worrying about which system to update or manually updating the same information in two systems. The integration runs continuously in the background, syncing demographic changes automatically between Maxwell and BambooHR as they happen in real time.
Getting set up with the BambooHR 360° API Integration
Setting up the integration is self-service and straightforward. A few steps and you'll be off and running! Here’s a quick overview of the steps you’ll take:
- Confirm all data in Maxwell & BambooHR is accurate
- Establish the connection between Maxwell and BambooHR
- Configure your data sync settings
- Preview your data sync settings
- Activate and Sync
Once the integration is running, you’ll have a comprehensive view into all the activity through Maxwell’s notification system. Whether it’s new hires getting added, demographic updates, terminations, etc., whatever the change, you can stay up-to-date and manage any next steps you need.
What else should you know?
- Many demographic information fields send bi-directionally between Maxwell & BambooHR, however some demographic fields will continue to send one-way: from BambooHR to Maxwell.
- While employers who are currently using our BambooHR 180° API Integration can continue, we recommend updating to our enhanced 360° API integration.
- Integration setup and configuration is available to Master Administrators and Advisors only.
- Clients no longer need to reach out to BambooHR to get the integration setup started as we have also recently released an update to how we auto-create webhooks. This update should make the integration smoother for existing users as well.
- Check that the BambooHR API Key you use to set up the integration has the necessary permissions and is not tied to an individual BambooHR user.
- Note: API keys set to an individual BambooHR user may reduce access to certain integration features or create a disruption to your integration if the individual leaves your company.
Learn more about the 360° BambooHR API integration here >>
More insight into Maxwell integration options
Our integrations tab under settings gives you quick access to the connections that can make your administrative life easier. This is where you’ll find the enhanced BambooHR 360° API integration to get started, along with other connections we have available.
You can learn more about available integrations in Maxwell here >>
How to upgrade from Maxwell's 180° API with BambooHR to the 360° API
- Step 1 - Find the current 180°/360° API integration option with BambooHR under Settings > EDI and Integrations > Current Integrations
- Step 2 - Select Pause Sync and Make Changes
- Step 3 - On your Sync Configuration Details page, select the 360° API two-way sync. You’ll then be prompted to complete the first sync and ongoing sync settings.
- Step 4 - Generate a preview report to view any data updates and then when you’re ready, select Save and Resume Sync.
You can also follow the steps with more detail in this article - Change Sync Configuration Details >>
Thanks for reading! As always, we’d love to hear your feedback!